Anyone keen on a Beater type build off?

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
Have seen these on other forums, Facebook pages etc, and I wonder who would be keen?

Something like, buy a POS bike, rusty as type thing, and build it into rideable condition to complete an agreed number of miles/KM's in a certain period of days, spending no more than an agreed amount.

For example,
Buy a bike, and build it up
Within a budget of £100
Ride a 100 miles
Within 100 days.

The challenge would not be about scoring a mint condition Steve Potts for next to nothing, it would more be about finding the coolest yet rustiest bike around and getting it road/trail worthy?

What do you guys think?

Re:

Well what sort of price should it be?
Thought is to save a dead bike.
I know some won't want to stoop that low but if a few of us do it then I am sure more will.

Re:

£20 budget. Ive had marins, Gts and everything for that :LOL:

Was trying to do this for charity before christmas but nobody was interested, give up my nice bikes for an entire month and ride a Bso that cost no more than £20. Would love to do a charity ride on the biggest beater i could find (used to ride a £10 apollo so would be going back to my roots)

Re:

Had a look on Gumtree to see what was around locally and this beauty caught eye: https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/moun ... 1212905578

$_86.JPG

"Titanium/Alloy "V" frame"

If that has a single titanium component on it, I'll eat my hat. In fact I reckon there's more aluminium in that bit of checker plate on the Landrover in the background than there is on the whole bike. :p

Back