Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Just a curiosity this one,

In the summer I use some wax based product, but is hopeless in this weather.

So what do you use in the winter, with the very salty roads we have at the moment?

Mike

Re:

Chain lube,currently a wet lube as I have it (as I use it on stanchions on forks)

Also some spray grease (carlube brand currently,bit sure I've used 151 too) from when I'm lazy as it smell quite nice.

I don't worry to much, chains are only five to ten quid, so works out better to just get a new one after a bit.

legrandefromage":feh7xdbw said:
Engine oil leftover from topping up an old e-class 300 turbodiesel

Funny you mention engine oil! I have used it in the past. Currently using 3 in 1 ! Is that bad?

Mike

Re:

I generally use Muc Off ceramic wet...just need to be sure to wipe the excess off. However in recent months I have been using Rock and Roll wet lube which is awesome. Its thin but you apply liberally then wipe the chain to within an inch of its life. Result a good 3 or 4 off road wet 10 mile rides before needing to clean....and the chain doesn't get black....just muddy! Its pricey but bloody good!

http://thecycleclinic.co.uk/products/ro ... -lubricant

Doug

Re:

Hi Mike :)

Hope your well :)

3-1 in one :facepalm: moving on swiftly.

Personally by far the best chain lubricants I've used are the Rock and Roll brand :)

Unfortunately Chain reaction whom I used to buy from don't supply it anymore :facepalm: , the cost of the shipping and potential duty importing this from the states meant I went over to the finish line range and so far it seems very good :)

So far the Finish line doesn't collect debris to badly and seems to wear well between applications :) , its a little cheaper than the Rock and roll lubes too.

I also run a more durable cassette and chain combo during the Uk monsoon mud fest season ;)

Ian

Latest posts

Back