Who got the Orange Formula then?

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As per title, did anyone on here win the much talked about Orange? I had a wine fuelled bid but couldn't go north of 1k. :facepalm:

Hoping to see it restored back to its former glory. :cool:

Would have added this to the original thread but that's locked.

Re:

Not me ... but I would be interested to know who did, and hopefully see a restoration thread.

Not me, had an early bid, around the 310 quid mark, and then had second thoughts, was going to have to sell 3 to 4 bikes to make it viable, and to be frank I like the bikes i've got and enjoy actually riding them. Also trying to source the right Reynolds tubing would be very difficult IMO. I hope its a retro biker who's got it, as am gonna enjoy the build thread..

Re:

Is it one of the Formulas that's been featured here on RB in past build threads or a previously 'wild' and unseen one?

I saw it sell on eBay originally for a fraction of that price. Wasn't listed as a formula though.

It's the Formula that's been on here and on eBay the last 6 weeks. Dave Yates built one, in orange and white fade, sold for £941 pounds in the end, but needs a fair bit of work, the seat tube will need replacing, in Reynolds 753, which will take some hunting, and also needs a new respray, decals RE-done and a lot of TLC. But all this said, it's a rare gem and I will look forward to being refurbished!

Re:

I've bought it and plan to destroy it in order to raise the rarity (and therefore Value £££) of other Formula's.*

*Not really, wish I had though! Imagine that moment, like the KLF setting fire to a million quid :mrgreen:

Re:

"They're justified, and they're ancient". I'd pay good money to see a gig like that! May be a Viking burial?

Back