Newby after advice

Veret Sadler

Retro Newbie
Hi every one I recently recoverd my mates orange clockwork from his skip and had it tarted up I'm looking for a set of forks to go on it any recommendations please thanks martin

That's a damn good skip score!
If you give us a pic or two we can determine the year and it will help with recommending a fork (and because I wanna see it!!)

Veret Sadler":cv03zfpo said:
Hi every one I recently recoverd my mates orange clockwork from his skip and had it tarted up I'm looking for a set of forks to go on it any recommendations please thanks martin

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 635
Re:

Wow! Impressive skip find. :shock:

That's one of the anniversary ones from 1998 (ish) by the looks of it. They did the classic orange/white fade too.

A Pace RC36 would go very nicely with that. Or for something 'out there' Girvin Vectors used to be an option from Orange. ;)

Re:

It's 1998-1999 and the colour is Slime Green. (The frame number will give you the year of manufacture)

I had one in orange-white fade and they are great frames.

Kind of miss it now.

Is your mate mental?! :shock:
Damn nice save. Once you've got a fork sorted it looks ready to hit the trails and it should be a great performer too :cool:

Well done on the skip rescue. Amazing what people throw out. :facepalm:

63mm-80mm travel is what you need:
The Pace is good for the Brit theme,
Marzocchi Z3 or Z2 works very well and still has good spares availability
Manitou SX works well, reliable, lighter than the Z3; seems unloved and always cheap.
Rockshox SID - but seems to be rather expensive for what you get in my view.
Fox 80mm is the modern alternative

street":2wh7uhu4 said:
Is your mate mental?! :shock:
Damn nice save. Once you've got a fork sorted it looks ready to hit the trails and it should be a great performer too :cool:
It seems that way yes ha ha I had Ian at star bikes put new tyers seat brakes and cables on and a dam good clean just the old rst are rubbish so I was looking out for some 2nd hand front shock that will work well on it

Back