best workshop stand - Park PCS9 or a Bike Hand.. or other??

pondweed

Old School Hero
Tried to search for an advisory thread, but couldn't find one. I am about to take the plunge on a sale price new Park Tools PCS9 for 75 quid odd. Can I get something as long lasting at less money than that? There are some bike charity-used Bike Hands on ebay that are similar for 30 quid but it means two hours in car plus fuel.

Anything anyone recommends?

I bought one of the red ebay ones for about £30. Yes worth the money, but only £30ish. I wouldn't have been happy paying the £60-£70 I have seen the same advertised at.
It depends on how much you are going to use it?
If the Park Tools PCS9 was around at £75 when I was looking....I wouldn't hesitate. Quality in a workshop is paramount and IMHO you usually end up buying cheapo tools twice!

thanks both. there are 86 5-star reviews for the Ribble/Bike Tool one on the Merlin Cycles website, enough for me to save 20 quid and get that one I think. A couple of the reviews mention "as good as the Park" and its got German instructions, so lets try it... :)
Seems to be the same as the Raleigh branded stand and also marketed as a 'Union'.

btw, if anyone wants to try getting another 10 quid off one from Ribble (or any purchase over 50 quid), use this friends code they have just given me on checkout..!

https://ribblecycles.mention-me.com/m/o ... 41bbe1a0fe

Re:

Yes, I think mine is branded "X-tools", but I have seen it as Raleigh and I think Planet-X and On One sold them under their own name for a while too.

I bought one of the 30 quid Lidl stands.
It's had a bike on it all the time since, I have had it since 2012.
I don't think an expensive one would have done anything better.

Back