OK. So I've just accidentally won this on eblag.........

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm guessing it's a Dawes, (they should call me Sherlock :D ) early '90s (ish) and possibly a Vision? (Looks like the top tube decal may have said that at one time)

DV-01.jpg

DV-02.jpg

DV-05.jpg

DV-04.jpg

DV-10.jpg

Bonded aluminium, with lugs very similar to early Koga Miyata.

Can anyone out there shed any light on this one? Year of manufacture? Place in the range- I'm guessing reasonably high up?

It's got some very nice details, including internal cable routing. Seller says it's a 20", so I'm hoping that is more old school 20", as it might fit me then. :D

Re:

It's not in the 93/4 catalogues.

Looks earlier to me though, bonded dodgy fun looking frames where circa 1990

Looks very similar to the Sakae litage frames. Those were sold with different brand names, for example Bianchi NTH. I think they were made in 92.
Ich have one of these, too:

The area around the seat clamp is different on yours thou.

Not much on Google but I found a 2011 thread asking for advice on a 19 year old bonded Dawes vision frame so that puts it at 92. The poster had the original receipt so sounds a reliable source for year. No other info in the thread aside from asking for advice on creaking stays.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":129z88fr said:
Serial number? Is that the white patch we cannot quite see?

Photos are from the ebay listing. I've not got it in my physical possession yet. When I do, I'll post the serial number.

Thias":129z88fr said:
Looks very similar to the Sakae litage frames. Those were sold with different brand names, for example Bianchi NTH. I think they were made in 92.
Ich have one of these, too:

The area around the seat clamp is different on yours thou.

It is stamped Sakae on the BB casting. It is different to that one though- the seat cluster is more koga(ish)

ishaw":1eoxr7j7 said:
Not much on Google but I found a 2011 thread asking for advice on a 19 year old bonded Dawes vision frame so that puts it at 92. The poster had the original receipt so sounds a reliable source for year. No other info in the thread aside from asking for advice on creaking stays.

Well found Ian!

I'd come up with nothing on Google. Sounds like its likely to be 1992 or earlier then.

I'm looking forward to getting my mitts on it.

I was tempted, as I had a cadex carbon bonded frame which was great and I kind of miss it. Engaged brain though and it told me I have enough bikes/projects already thankfully.

I hope it turns out as good as it looked in the pics, quite tidy, and a good colour imho. If you need any bits for the build.......

Back