Earliest USE parts?

james1985

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When where USE parts first used?
Im trying to decide if some old USE bars should make an appearance on the Claud?

I dont want to waste my money as no USE for them otherwise? :facepalm: :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":7vjxh5ct said:
How old is the Claud?

Not 100% on that, but got to be 1990-92 I would imagine.
Same Exage 500 as the 91 Wheeler.

Not going for a totally accurate rebuild by catalogue or year, just wanted the parts all around the same 24 ish months so it would have been possible to do the upgrades as the first owner if you catch my drift.

If the shift levers are very squared off, its around 1990-1, smooooth ones appeared later.

Having seen your bike, I would say 1990 going by the colour. Our local shop sold CB so we were all instant experts as we tried to out do each other on our purchases.

I thought I'd won with my 531 Magnum tubed Spectre but then a Shaman popped up with DX so I was left a red faced second. We cried foul though as his parents had bought it!

I'd put a USE post in my Zaskar in october 1993 - it was the first 'upgrade' it had received

legrandefromage":39th7wmp said:
If the shift levers are very squared off, its around 1990-1, smooooth ones appeared later.

Having seen your bike, I would say 1990 going by the colour. Our local shop sold CB so we were all instant experts as we tried to out do each other on our purchases.

I thought I'd won with my 531 Magnum tubed Spectre but then a Shaman popped up with DX so I was left a red faced second. We cried foul though as his parents had bought it!

I'd put a USE post in my Zaskar in october 1993 - it was the first 'upgrade' it had received

Cool :cool: Now I have the frame stripped of components, I have given it an initial cut and polish and its a bloodly lovely colour.

The USE bars have been purchased, they caught my eye as they look a bit different to any others I've seen so I reckon they are pretty old.
The seller also had a rather jazzy ti railed saddle from 1992 so went for that too as I don't want to get the lycra saddle all muddy.
Photo's soon hopefully.

cherrybomb":2co7feco said:
Not sure, but they were certainly around by 91-92
I agree with the titanium and suspension seat post. But more 92 than 91

24pouces":3scubfrd said:
cherrybomb":3scubfrd said:
Not sure, but they were certainly around by 91-92
I agree with the titanium and suspension seat post. But more 92 than 91

That may be the case. It was a long time ago, and my memory isn't what it was I never really treated my body as a temple!). Seatposts, were certainly the first thing I remember seeing and then possibly bars & bar ends?

Back