Anyone else found their retroness has waned.....?!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm finding my retroness is loosing it's appeal, increasingly I'm disillusioned with the forum, not riding at all, prioritizing other passions, like my work and family and relationship.

I'm down to one bike, which I do love, but it's just going to be there for the odd ride out in the summer or when I might feel like a pint or two and don't want to be driving. I'll still tinker, because I don't know how not to, but I'm not finding it's something I want to be sharing with others any more.

Is this normal? Does anyone else empathise? Is it just a hobby taking it's course, is there a life span to all these things?

Sorry to hear this Kaz, nothing wrong with dipping in and out. Work and family should always come first.

It could be just due to the dark cold weather, I don't fancy standing outside scrubbing greasy bike bits at this time of year but come the warmer times I love it :)

Don't leave us totally but take the time you need and make sure you carry on riding, it's not just great exercise and social but good for the spirit and mind.

I'm going to thrash my STS around Bedgebury tomorrow and always relish the looks I get if I pass a rider on a megbucks modern bike, for me that side of retro riding is priceless ( I do own one of those modern carbon full sus 29ers and to be fair its great but makes riding too easy)

Re:

Take up fishing instead. Endless hours freezing your giblits, stuffing your face with processed crap, relieving yourself au naturel, risking food poisoning from bait cross contamination, fending off bolshie dogs/owners and rats with Weils disease. Wont belong before a rusty bike comes a calling :xmas-wink:

Defenseless fish! You bar...

No lets not go there.

Its winter, theres about 5 hours of usable daylight. I haven't looked at a bike for weeks. Work is busy, what else can you do?

NIGHT RIDE!!!

Wrap up, find a pub, ride out, get sozzled, wobble home.

Re:

Ha ha, thanks chaps.

I've tried fishing, all sorts, over the years....miss the fly fishing, actually, may be that ought to make a come back now I have access to some lovely rivers every so often. Expensive hobby though! :shock:

It's not so much that I'm disillusioned with the hobby, it's more I don't feel like being social about it any more....

Beaver away all winter on your own like a hermit, then when your feeling more social you can reappear and fill us in with what projects you've been working on.

There's more to life than retrobike for sure, it's what is important to you than you must focus your energy on. I've had a sabbatical from riding for 20 years, now I'm back into it with an obsession. For me retro bike has added fuel to the fire I love my old bikes and tinkering, no matter what you ride or how often enjoy it. We never know how many miles we have left.
Onwards & muddywards

Latest posts

Back