Need some experts help to identify & value a retro mtb frame

Pac-Man81J

Retro Newbie
First of all Hi there, I'm totally new to this forum and don't really know anything about bikes so please be kind :)

A long time ago somebody gave me a mountain bike frame and parts to build up and I never did anything with it, I've moved it from house to house for years and I have decided to get rid via Ebay but as I don't know anything about bikes really I could use some help with the identifiction and maybe value.

This is as much as I know:- It is a very light Orange Clockwork frame and forks, with orange and white fade paint job - there was a box of parts with it too but I dont know if they are original to the frame or not.

Can somebody help or at least tell me what to do to identify the year, frame size, value etc etc?

I will post photos if possible on here.

Thanks in advance,
J
:cool:

Attachments

• plex_wp_edited_image(684).jpg
    plex_wp_edited_image(684).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 695
Re:

Hello, a nice, early Clockwork maybe 1990. Paint has suffered, but it's original and should be saved with some t-cut etc. I would suggest £80-£100 perhaps, box of bits - we'd need to see more to say whether they were original.

Price wise would agree with Matt, depends on parts, usage etc..frame and decals have some scratch tarnish, it looks like a 18 inch to me.. Clockwork between 89-90 period.. :)

Hello thankyou for your replies, you guys obviously know your stuff!!
Which measurement do I need to take to determine if it is a 18" frame?
I will post pictures of the box of parts in a couple of minutes so you can have a look (once I get my mother off the bloomin' phone lol) From what I remember in the parts box there's handle bars and crank/pedals.... details and photos to follow.

Thankyou,
J

Re:

I dropped you a PM (private message), that included a guide to measuring the size ...

Re:

OK Hello again! I've been through the box of parts and there isn't as many as I remember, maybe I've lost some over the years! What I have got is pictured below, and what I would like to know is if it is worth including them in the sale of the frame or just bin them? They don't look too clever!

The code on the bottom bracket is A 89124089 I think (its hard to make out)

I'll be listing the frame on Ebay today if anyone from this forum is interested, don't know if I'm allowed to put the item number on here when I do, so if somebody could advise please that would be great.

If a buyer mentions Retrobike.co.uk in response to the listing I'll knock a tenner off just to say thanks to the forum!!

Cheers,
J
:D

Attachments

• plex_wp_edited_image(686).jpg
    plex_wp_edited_image(686).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 619
  • plex_wp_edited_image(685).jpg
    plex_wp_edited_image(685).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 619
  • plex_wp_edited_image(687).jpg
    plex_wp_edited_image(687).jpg