has anyone got some more information on this bike

kevink165

Retro Newbie
hey all, i am new here, i just wondered if anyone has anymore information on this bike. From what i know its a 1998 team saracen blitz???? is this correct? as the rst 4610h forks dont seem to match any other catalogue specs from then? also the frame is slightly different, ie top tube, and extra shock mounting positions. this is a beautiful bike would like to also hunt down its team sacracen stickers. thanks in advice guys :)

it seems to be all original spec to, my knowledge of sub 2000 bike is nonexistent, and google doesn't seem to be guiding me like it used to lol

pictures below

DSC_1535_zps2hb0qjhn.jpg.html

DSC_1534_zpsrvi7vak8.jpg

DSC_1543_zpsfcbt1gds.jpg

DSC_1562_zpskzmffnfy.jpg

DSC_1567_zpsgxk1rbx2.jpg

Pre empting the next possible question :D

There has been one up for sale for £200 for months on ebay and obviously it hasn't sold. One that has sold however sold at £53 and the one above at £70

thank for all the info guys :) i really thought it was worth more, maybe not 200 but closer to 150. its okay :) still looks awesome :)

My dad bought a similar thing secondhand for 50 quid. He didn't ride it.
I tried riding it. I went down the road bobbing up and down;-)
I stuck it on Ebay for 50 quid and someone living nearby bought it for his wife, I was hoping to
post it a long way away. When the bloke called to collect it I tried to persuade him he
didn't want it! Well he was local and I didn't want to run into him and get moaned at!
Complete waste of 50 quid if you ask me, maybe the one your pic is of is better?

Attachments

• the-boingy-thing.jpg
    the-boingy-thing.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 593
<shudders> The Hellcat is a bit better than the above Saracen with its 3 ton Zoom forks.

I had to repair one recently - absolutely all that is bad about the cheap end of cycling.

The Hellcat with a better shock is 'ok'.

Back