Weep....sniffle...cant get these damn cables thru Trimble...

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ok guys

help required!

What tips have u guys got to get these damn cables through the main body of the Trimble frame. Its much like Klein cable routing all internal...

Im about to try the thread and vacuum trick but I dont have high hopes...

Please help.

I usually resort to swearing and cursing, wondering why i bought the damn thing, that it's a useless pile of...... :evil:
None of which helps you but i know what you're going through. I normally end up trying to use gravity :roll:

angle the frame so the exit hole is at the lowest point, & use a magnet to attract the cable. as chris said carsten gave a thorough explanation :)

cut a length of gear inner cable about 20cm will do.

fold it in half, but don't kink it, and poke the closed loop through the eye into the frame, don't let it drop in, keep hold of it. push it in so it expands to fill the shape of the frame, actually,thinking about it you'll need more than 20cm for your trimble.

then thread your cable through the frame, and when you have got about 3-5cm more than the distance between eyeholes, pull the loopout gently,and it will catch of your cable.

worked with my old Adroit, should be the same with the trimble.

Aha - thats a good tip.

Last night at approximatly 12.30am, after 45 minutes of poking about ( :shock: ) I actually managed to get the front mech threaded through with a full outer. The challenge is now to get the rear mech one threaded up (the very hard one cos of the distance)

I'll try the loop trick tonight!

id get string.... and tie it to a pin or something... then use the magnet... strings kust a little more flexible than cable... then pull cable through with the sting :)

good luck! :D those routings are a nightmare!!!

theres also always the gaffatape/zip tie to the frame method :twisted:

Ill try the loop method next methinks. Problem I have is the exit hole is way back in the left stay and the entrance hole is at the front. Somehow I need to use a long thin very rigid piece of wire to get all the way through -coat hanger maybe?

The pin trick would be good but the walls are quite thick...

Back