What hi-end pedals?

Hotwheels.

Old School Grand Master
We all know hi-end products for cranks and brakes and the like (Cooks, Grafton, Paul etc.), but what to buy for pedals?
Gippy clippy efforts are no good, I'm purely a flatty 'gnarl you shins to dust' kinda guy.
So, what are my options / what have you lot fitted? :)

Got to be Suntour xc pro..with ti axles if you can find them. Best flat pedals ever!

Hotwheels.":26otixey said:
We all know hi-end products for cranks and brakes and the like (Cooks, Grafton, Paul etc.), but what to buy for pedals?
Gippy clippy efforts are no good, I'm purely a flatty 'gnarl you shins to dust' kinda guy.
So, what are my options / what have you lot fitted? :)

Re:

Falling into the what have you got fitted category...
I'm very impressed with some cheapy Union pedals. All alloy with cromo axles and sealed bearings. Properly well made, really light (240g/pair), cheap enough to scrape and forget. Ebay 191987039810

I do seem to collect fancy old pedals and not fit them. Stupid really - I can see me flogging some soon.

Re: Re:

xerxes":rjhdxbru said:

In that they're both cage pedals, yes. :mrgreen:
Seriously though - if you had both union and wellgo in your hands I'd give you a walnut whip if you preferred the Wellgo ones. :D

Probably a bit more on topic - if it's old pedals we're talking, then I like these best. Has to be an early bike though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
id agree with suntour xc pro call, but a pair of campagnolo olympus or record o.r. would be properly show off.

my most fancy pedals are wtb stealth 250 clipless. only moulded abs cages but rare as.

Re: Re:

paddy311":1ablzxnl said:
Probably a bit more on topic - if it's old pedals we're talking, then I like these best. Has to be an early bike though.

What brand/model are these? This is the style I want to put on one of my 80s Stumpjumpers

Re:

you could go on forever with this topic, depends on your budget eh!!!!!! Showing my age now, but MKS, Hutch and Stitch all ruled the roost bitd Graftons? WTB, OnZa did some pretty ace beartraps with Ti axles, DMR have been on the go longer than you think with pedals.

Latest posts

Back