Kllein Mantra main pivot removal

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
How :?

Theres a simple nut and bolt holding it all together. Nut removed along with bolt, but I think you need the bolt mostly in and its a matter of supporting the other side and hitting it with a hammer. This be correct ? :?

Also. Although the rear triangle pivots, the whole bike is a bit of a seized in mess. Is there anything in there can seize ? taking into account it currently moves, but im not sure if the central pivot moves also or can move but the middle bit be corroded so you cant tell.

Anyone.

Rear triangle im guessing is twisted as with the shock off one side touches the frame, so its pretty much sacrificial. Although I'd prefer not to destroy it to save the front end.

OK found this.
http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek-Fisher ... lKlein.pdf

Anyone else doing this the main pivot narrows in the middle, so when its 1/2 out it allows the other side to move out of alignment. I used a quick release joiners clamp to keep the 'ears' from spreading as it drifted out. PDF says C-clamp which is much the same thing. Just be sure its not located over something when first positioning it. Theres not a lot of room for a clamp ,but be careful and theres enough.
Also take note that its not the bushings youre hitting. Theyre in there too so make sure the drift rests on the edge of the main pivot, not the lip of the bushing.

Free and separate now. Just BB to get out and seatpost. Both being...... tight :LOL:

Back