Probable Klein scam on Craigslist

Claret Badger

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/bik/5832368317.html

Posted in London section but guy says he's in Scotland. Sends images of an Adroit, one of which comes up in google image search as being from an american owner. Avoids sending other photos of bike or photos confirming the serial number etc.

Watch out guys and always do google image search as its amazing what it can tell you!

I'm pretty sure the same scam was used last summer again by someone claiming to be in Scotland. we tend to use gumtree over here and not craigs list. I'll see if I can find it from before and then add it.

here is just one of them viewtopic.php?f=4&t=290741&start=20

Re:

Yup, must be the same guy. He says he is in Elgin this time. Gator Adroit with Kendas.

What I found strange though was that he seemed to actively be encouraging me to go to Scotland to view/collect. Surely his aim would be funds transfer first then disappear?

There were loads of cheap motorbike engines on craigslist, all in scotland.
I mailed one ad and the bloke replied, said he was passing my house the
next day and would drop the engine off, if I paid him first;-)

I have seen this happen also on face book sales and gumtree my mongoose otero got knicked and found it forsale in London
contacted the Met police etc who confirmed if I could prove over the phone by description in detail it was mine they would sort it out.

With everything sorted police at the ready the add was taken down after only being up for 4-5 hours.They said this is the closest they have ever come to catching some one of a organised gang

Back