Help needed Campagnolo cassette how to put together ? A- G

Woodyuk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi

Finally found the campagnol hub I have been after and fitted to wheelset but as i was putting the cassettte on it came apart :facepalm:
The Cassette is single rings with spacers and marked A-G
I presume there is a method for putting the rings back on ?
Can anyone help on letting me know the correct way

Cheers

Re:

Campagnolo has done that the Italian way :D so it's a bit complicated. There is a sort order you need to follow, see this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Ozb ... 3p3WU81bU0

The way it works is as follows. First place the largest sprocket, let's say this is a 30. If your next sprocket is a 28, you look up the 28 in the vertical row and learn that you need to place the E of the 28 on the A of the 32. If the next one is a 24, then you learn that you place the H of the 24 on the A of the 28.

And so on. Have fun! We all love Campagnolo for this kind of stuff.

Re:

Thanks for the info .... Perfect :D

I knew it was not going to be easy but that must be one of the most complicated ways tyo set up a cassette :facepalm:
Well it will be a fun evenening tonight :D

Re: Re:

Woodyuk":3bbrnkyk said:
Thanks for the info .... Perfect :D

I knew it was not going to be easy but that must be one of the most complicated ways tyo set up a cassette :facepalm:
Well it will be a fun evenening tonight :D

It was designed so that rather than be stuck with a fixed combination of sprockets, you could (in theory at least) get the best of both worlds - slick (for the time) shifting and a choice in terms of what sprockets could be used and in what order, in the cassette.

It's interesting - one of the original selling points of cassettes was that users could, back in the day, build a cassette quickly and easily to suit the terrain they were racing over - building freewheels historically having been a bit trickier as most sprockets screwed on and they were not always that willing to be unscrewed (Maillard being a notable exception with the ARIS-type freewheels).

I can remember building cassettes that went in sequences like 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24 so that I had *exactly* the gear(s) I thought I'd want on the climbs, or so that the riders I was working for did ...

Now, we are stuck with fixed sets of ratios and increasingly, if we want the standard of front shifting that the market now demands, a very limited choice of chainrings, too. Almost time for internally geared hubs to make a comeback at this rate :-D

Back