XTR M900 rear hub question

Carsen80

Dirt Disciple
I've managed to source a second hand rear M900 XTR hub for my Lotus XTR bike.
It is in reasonable good condition, however one of the cones needs replacing.

I have looked on the internet and cannot fined a replacement anywhere.

Can anyone point to a suitable replacement.

Thanks

Attachments

• Cone.JPG
    Cone.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Hub.JPG
    Hub.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 267
Whoever sold you that hub should refund you...
(If he did not tell you about this defect...)

If the inner cone lookes like this, the outer cone will likely be damaged, too. Maybe you want to check that first.

Other than that: you can use many different shimano cones like XT or LX. They will fit the hub but you will loose the sealing. If you cant find an XTR-cone, that would be a way to use the hub anyhow.

What is the hub shell race looking like, no point replacing that if the shell one has gone too.

you could try bodging another rear hub one in there (M732 for example), you may need to alter the plastic dirt cover for the seals, and space out as needed.

Re:

Thanks for the replies

I was aware of the faulty cone before I purchased the hub, its why I got it cheap (£15).
The cup surface is not as bad as the cone. It still has its shine but very slight pitting. Certainly good enough for the mileage I do. I just need a new cone to stop it getting any worse.

I have just managed to get a M732 axle with cones from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151522114464? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The cones on this look like they could be an exact match

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back