Baby steps on the Ibis.

eshew

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's been sitting quietly for 3 years. Waiting and unridden due to a nasty habit of wanting to eat chain. After bring up a yellow labrador I get quite annoyed when my favorite items get chewed up. So I left the Ibis to hang lonely and unloved, the labrador is treated much better.

In the mean time I spent time & money on the other bikes. But after a long absence the Ibis is ready for some love. I won't be making it catalog spec, it's been a rider and will continue to be one. All parts replaced have been with what I've had sitting around or were begging to be bought. The job right now is to make is as fun an and functional as it can. 1st on the hit list was the M961 dual control levers and shifters, I'm sure some people love em, not me. Finding a good affordable set of 9 spd shifters has been a struggle, but I jumped on the first no brainer that came my way. Newer M970's. Too cool to pass up. The Real levers are enough for now, they were free along with a red Paul stoplight that'll be installed to give the hand job something to do.

Decided to replace the whole crank rather than buy a new middle ring. Bought an M900 xtr that was ugly but had new rings, so I did my best to polish out the scuffs. Not really proud, but I'm impatient.

Waiting on a BB to install the cranks, might have a shop chase the threads on the BB if it's not smooth. Still need to run cable & housing and then it's ride time! Although it's winter..... I'll be slowly upgrading as fun stuff comes along.

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 166
  • ibisses1.jpg
    ibisses1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 166
Back