PACE RC100 BOTTOM BRACKET - HELP NEEDED!

dmj

Dirt Disciple
Ok so I bought a RC100 in pieces and with such came the Bullseye cranks with the sealed push fit bearings on the spindle. A pal is helping me build it up and he’s saying that that the bearings are like circa 1mm bigger than the bottom bracket frame hole. I told him they are push fit he’s rightly saying if he does this they will likely damage the frame!

Does anyone have any advice on this issue, the bearings supplied with the Bullseyes must be for the frame. Am I imagining it, didn't Pace have a tool to install the bearings into the bracket? Just looking for any tips / advice for this maybe I will to acquire slightly smaller bearings – does anybody have any for sale ????

I don’t have the gear so can’t take any measurements unfortunately !

Re:

The bearings require little or no force. I used a headset press to push mine in and they went in easily. Chances are yours aren't the right bearings rather some mistaken replacements.
RC100 bearings are a nightmare as they are imperial ID and metric OD. I bet you yours are imperial ID and OD.

The simplest thing (for the long term) is to have the bullseyes axle shaved to 22mm rather than 22.2mm so that you can then use metric ID and OD bearings that are readily available rather than searching for the ellusive correct ones.

You're right in not wanting to force those others in.

Re:

Cheers Pete. Any ideas where I would get the spindle shaved turn? Anybody able to help on here?

I would chat with someone like Elite504 for machining, he'll give you some pointers I'm sure. First of all talk to the Pace RC100 guru - Gil_M

Re:

Can you read the lettering on the bearing seals?
This should tell you the exact size of the outer, I'm assuming they slide on the shaft of the crankset and it's the correct length for the frame BB?

Any Help?

Back