Old Vs New..

ah see the firs one i linked is the same vid ha!

also I think bikeradar? did a Lobo vs a Fury, or something like that.

Thing is I find my Zaskar reissue is faster with me on it than my scott spark FS bike and my Xizang is almost as fast... which I really think the brakes are the limiting factor (maybe)

Off-road I still prefer my battered 98 attitude race to my 2003 palomino which is the only full suspension bike I own, both of which were a huge improvement at the time to the rigid stump jumper I persisted with for years.

Both climb really well and are enough for what I need although the Attitude is mighty quick on a good day.

Set in my ways and far too stubborn to progress to something better suited to the rough stuff and I'm not getting any faster or younger but the enjoyment remains the same.

Guess it's what the invidual is used to and in my case not knowing the grass is greener in the modern world of bikes through choice.

Re:

It might be older (like me) but I'd rather have the Klein. The Canyon may have fatter 29er wheels and endless travel forks but it looks so uninspiring. Also, the guy riding the Canyon looks physically bigger, more powerful and younger than the Klein rider. With bigger wheels and suspension, you're probably gonna go faster on a modern bike as you can roll over more obstacles without too much care or skill.

Well i've never ridden a modern 29er so can't make a call on riding preference however on visual appeal alone the Klein win's hand's down over the Canyon and i see the new Canyon is basically reverting back to the old traditional fork design which was 1st tried on mtb's many moon's ago but didn't work to well ..

My oldest rides a very Modern Scott Ransom and I manage to stay within a reasonable distance while my youngest loves my retro rides and prematurely inherited(stole) my P7.

Needless to say he leaves us both for dead wherever we ride so talent and stamina probably come into play. That being said he's probably all the fitter and skilled for persisting with the old and neglecting the new.

I'm not sure a 29er is a comparison to be fair, surely a modern 26 would have been a better match for old versus new? I always wanted a 957 myself

Back