Building my dream Giant MCM2

Perrin21

Devout Dirtbag
I have recently acquired a classic Giant MCM2 Carbon Fiber MTB and I'm fixing it up to make it a cool weekend rider.

The bike currently has a set of Marzocci Bomber air filled front forks and I also have a set of Pace RC36 on my old bike. Which forks would be best on the bike? I remember the Pace used to be highly regarded at the time. Both are in good condition but I probably need a stiffer elastomer in the Pace as I'm 16 stone and they are a bit soft.

Re: Fixing up a Giant MCM2

The Bomber should be the nicer riding fork with smoother action and more travel. Get some pics up, we love them :)

Lovely bike, I'd stick with the bomber and keep the Pace for another project ;)

Nice thumb shifters.

Re:

I fitted my Thumbshifters from my old parkpre yesterday, I prefer them and they weighed so much less than the XT STI that were on there before. Still need to set it all up today. I'm considering adding some Magura HS33 Brakes, what do you think?

Re:

Excellent idea I was wondering about that. How much weight do the Maguras add? Should I go disc on the front? I want the levers to match.

Re:

These are my RC36 Forks.

I do love the look of them. They are on my old bike that I'm raping for parts.

Unsure on the weight difference as mine are on my bike and never weighed them, sure you could find the weight of a set of your chosen Maguras online and then remove your current brake set up to compare. I can't imagine you'd feel the difference when riding.

Having different brakes front and rear, like odd wheels ;) , would do my head in.

Back