Orange Stalk pic's (Steel 1" Quill Type)

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
I've been on the look out for an original steel stem for my Orange Prestige but unless I want to buy a whole bike just to rob the stem off it they seem to be in short supply. I have found a few stems which share a lot of the same details but was wondering if someone could post up or PM me a close up pic or two of their stalk so I could pick the closest one from those I have gathered.

Cheers,

Col

Re:

Got this 150mm Stalk a while back from someone here on RB. This one is basic – without the internal routing for the front brake. Once I'd removed all the rusty looking gunk and grime and cleaned it up, I found it was pretty sound but definitely in need of a resto job. I've been looking around RB for examples too but in order to decide on how to restore it.

Attachments

• orange 1-inch stalk 150mm.jpg
    orange 1-inch stalk 150mm.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Yeah it's the one with the cable routing I was looking for. MatBH5 kindly supplied some pic's earlier and I've decided on the black one below for my build which seems to be pretty damn close to the original.
It'll be getting painted along with the frameset and not sure whether to go for the "Stalk" decal or just a simple "Orange" one instead, seeing as it's not a real stalk.

Attachments

• Stem1.jpg
    Stem1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 595
  • Stalk3.JPG
    Stalk3.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 595
Re:

Quite like the old white Stalk there – would need an orange/white fade frame to go with it. I guess the stems with cable routing are much earlier 'proper' Stalks. I'm wondering whether to refurbish mine in the gloss black it should be or whether to strip it bare for a polished silver look. Not sure on whether to replace decals with Stalk or Orange. What year and colour is your Prestige?

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":1hxp8jvd said:
What year and colour is your Prestige?
89 frame but it's a 90 built bike and will be classic orange/white fade when it's done, link to the build is in my signature below.

Re: Re:

DynaCol":3t5z2gut said:
groovyblueshed":3t5z2gut said:
What year and colour is your Prestige?
89 frame but it's a 90 built bike and will be classic orange/white fade when it's done, link to the build is in my signature below.

Ah yes of course, that one. My frame is virtually the same. Bought it from someone who worked with Steve and Lester. It came without decals, so I've never been quite sure of its vintage or whether Clockwork or Prestige. Must get round to documenting it on RB.

Back