Kirk revolution

super swin

Retro Guru
HELP!
just bought a 93 purple kirk revolution, full dx groupset, cant find much info outside off this site any pointers?
I know it is a bit late now, but what are the main areas of concern with the frame and if it is suffering with them, who repairs them?
guy says it is mint, looks it, should arrive thursday, fingers crossed.
If it is any good i will post some pictures.
thanks

The Kirk frames were made by a subsidery of Dawes in Birmingham. The frames tend to fail around the casting of head tube or around the elevated chainstay due to fatigue. Due to the frame being made from magnesium it is quite difficult to weld. Do you remember the science experiments at school when you they magnesium into water and it reacted? We have some magnesium car components that have to be welded somtimes, I know they have to be welded with special rods in a zero oxygen enviroment as things get exciting.

nice buy, I had my eye on that one!

speak to Simon at kirk-bicycles.co.uk and he should be able to answer any of your questions.

thaks fellas :) , great website, just hope the bike is as good.
Being posted friday for delivery tuesday (5 days in the hands of the royal snail!) just hope it has not exploded into a pile of dust by the time it gets to bonny Scotland.

Back