FSR Arrives!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
The '95 Spesh Team FSR has landed and is now in the queue behind the Alibi (v. close to turning it's wheels now) in the rebuild department...

Always nervous unwrapping an eBay item, especially from the US - but it's better than described/anticipated and has a Nitto post and Ti stem. Phew! :D

I'm not sure which way to go on the rebuild though - faithful JMC reproduction or old school meets new school (modern front end with discs). Anyone got one to swap notes???

When I was at Newnham (rigid Ballistic) I was wishing I had some energy-saving boing (with retro credibility, natch) - I hope this is the start of the answer, as it seems light enough as a frameset out of the crate.

Neil

Attachments

• 68_1.jpg
    68_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,179
I like!

If I had one I'd go the JMC replica route......

Judy FSX or Judy DH forks

Shimano XTR drivetrain

Avid Ultimate Levers / Tri-Aligns

Club Roost riser bar (or cut down MX bar!)

Gripshift X-Ray (with orange shark tooth grips)

Specialized Hardrock R tyres (the red ones)

Stu

Very nice mrkawasaki. I remember Jason McRoy & bike in an issue of the German bike as the day of yesterday. Have some scans. Don't know whether I have already posted them, but here they are => Here

- Melvin

I'd massively recommend using an azonics stem JMC style over the cast ti spesky stem, they were notorious for breaking.
Nice looking frame, a mate of mine has 1 :)

...you seen the specialized anniversary book? its in there too :)

Oh, I'd second that Mike. Saw 4 of them come back to the shop. And the azonic just looks 'right' on it, like a salsa stem on a bonty or an atac on a yeti.

pete_mcc":23l5m1zq said:
Oh, I'd second that Mike. Saw 4 of them come back to the shop. And the azonic just looks 'right' on it, like a salsa stem on a bonty or an atac on a yeti.

the unofficial bike dress code :D

scant":3pdi0xzo said:
..the cast ti spesky stem, they were notorious for breaking.

:shock: Triple Eesh.. Just bought one of these, but I'm not sure it's a "cast" model?

34_1.JPG

Yes, afaik Spesky only made one Ti stem (which looks like that) and it was notorious for breaking.

Back