1996 Giant Catalogue re: Frame sizing

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Does anyone have a copy of the 1996 Giant Bikes Catalogue that they could scan in? Or a link to it?

I'm keen to know how the frame sizes were measured. c.BB to c.TT, etc etc.

Re:

Any body?

I'm sure I've seen a scan of the catalogue for the '96 models before but can't find it through the search function.
I'd like to understand what defines the S/M/L sizing for the ATX models, and what the inch size equivalents are for each.

Thanks.

Re:

In a bizarre twist, I found a copy of the '96 brochure in my study :shock: :facepalm:
Never even knew I had it, so a very welcome find!
I'll upload it to the archive section when I get chance :)

Re:

Can't help with the corresponding sizes, but my ATX 990 is 18.5" C-T and there's a size larger than that, and a size smaller, so I'm guessing that mine's an M.

I have a couple of other Giants, a Cadex CFM-2 and an MCM, both of these are 20" and listed as 'Large'. As far as I know the sizing in inches in the catalogues was for convenience, but the frames are made in cm sizes (C-T) so they don't correspond exactly to an inch size as, say, an American frame does (i.e both my 20" frames are in fact 50cm).

I have a mish-mash frame of a 97/98 ATX I believe; but would love to see a catalogue scan too!

I have the 96 catalogue. No info on centre to centre vs centre to top but the ATX 990 is listed in sizes 16",18" & 20"

Back