25 years of Coed y Brenin - FAT TYRE REVOLUTION

dyfi_brenin

Retro Newbie
FTR_retroFBflyer.jpg

It's 25 years since Coed y Brenin became the UK's first MTB trail centre, 20 years since the opening of it's classic Redbull trail. To celebrate Sian and Dafydd Roberts put together an event to celebrate 25 years of Mountain Biking at Coed y Brenin. This event has now been pushed back to 1st/2nd October to be part of the Coed y Brenin Enduro weekend in order to make one big weekend long celebration of Mountain Biking at the UK's original, best known and best loved trail centre.

Fat Tyre Revolution features a race with pre 1997 classic/retrobike class that will be a re-imagining of the original inaugural race held at the opening of the Redbull trail (now Tarw du) 20 years ago. The format will be similar, a single loop off road time trial comprising old and new from the forest park's best known trail. There will be prizes for M/F 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall XC (fastest round the whole route), 1st M/F DH (highest point on course to finish) and of course M/F retrobike M/F 1/2/3. There will also be spot prizes for best period dressed MTBer. Finishers will receive a 25 years of Coed y Brenin commemorative pint glass and a specially commissioned 25yrs ale.

After the race we're screening "Mountain biking an untold British story" the new documentary charting the story of the rise of UK mountain biking. Following this there will of course be a party with bar, DJ and some classic MTB flics from back in the day.

We'd love to see as many familiar faces as possible, many of us cut our teeth on Coed y Brenin's early trails (sometimes quite literally) so for many of us its trails are cast into our own MTB history. Fond memories indeed.

Entry to the Fat tyre revolution race is £10 and Dyfi Events are giving away 100 free places to entrants to Sunday's Coed y Brenin Enduro to help things along.

It would also be fantastic to show some classic MTBs at the visitor centre on Saturday so we've a handful of free entries to the race (including of course those free event mementos) available for a few folk willing to come along and share their classic MTB pride and joy by letting us display their bikes at the event (if interested contact mail @ dyfievents.com).

It should be a great weekend and a chance to relax and share a beer with MTB friends old and new. We'd really love this to be a success so please share/pass on the news to anyone you think might be interested in coming.

We really want to wish Coed y Brenin a very happy and dirt filled 25 years.

Event info page: http://www.dyfievents.com/events/coed-y-brenin-enduro/

Re:

I will check my calendar and bring the family down for the weekend, ill bring some bikes to show as well varying from 80s steel to 90s pace.

this sounds like it will feckin epic!!!!!!

chris

Chris

Be sure to drop me an email using mail @ dyfievents.com if you think you can make it. Let me know what bikes you are going to bring so we can plan space and sort you an entry.

Toby

Re:

We were planning a weekend camping/riding, seems fortuitous that this falls on those dates!

I can't see any mention of camping though? Without a tent within crawling distance it's going to be difficult to fully appreciate that bar and DJ... ;)

Re:

Sadly there's no camping on site. Nearest site is Cae Gwyn which is just up the road. If you have a camper I think some people park up in the overflow car park although I'm not sure it's encouraged.

Re:

Pass granted after a beer fuelled works night out. I shall be there, email will be sent today.....when im sober haha

Could be up for this one, and may bring a bike or two to display. Will investigate the camping options 1st.

Back