What have i bought?

Klein-Mad-Chris

Retrobike Rider
Could anybody shed any light on this frame? Could it be a genuine Ritchey? if so which model?

Thanks in advance

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

Don't think that a Ritchey frame. A lot of frames did use Ritchey made dropouts. Not sure what brand of frame it is.

well it's got geniune ritchey dropouts...

There were a number of frames with those with nickel plate. Parkpre did one, Merlin (uk) another off the top of my head. The rear seatstay/seattube junction is normally a good indicator.On a lot of the later Ritcheys the seatstays joined the seat tube at the very top of the seat tube and formed a sort of seat clamp (roadie stylee)

Just seen the fuji sticker, which means it's a fuji frame. Think it's from 1997-2001. They were sold by a number of shops, decent frame with a nice finish.

Here's a tom ritchey frame as a comparitor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Ritchey-P-...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi, can I clear this one up? This is a mid 90's fuji stoutlite frame ( read the label ;) ) Got one myself, but I have just had to retire it as it's got a hole where the downtube meets the bottom bracket.

Attachments

• FRAME HOLE.jpg
    FRAME HOLE.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,289
Not planning on binning it yet, I've cut a section to check the damage and it's pretty grim. The section is about 10mm by 10mm so gusset welding is an option but what about the nickel plating?Ideas on a postcard...

may be rusted just there from internal water, but could be pretty bad elsewhere.

Do some big slow speed drops to check it out ;)
If OK, theres nothing better than a big gusset over a hole.

given thats the thickest part of the tube I'd be very wary. Okay thats not forceful enough, DO NOT USE!

I am for repairing frames , but I agree with scant on this one , DO NOT USE . your only option is to have the down tube taken out and a new one re welded . Any good frame builder could do that . but is it worth spending all that money ?

Back