Rock Shox Sid 1998

simo78

Retro Newbie
Hello

I've found in ebay a 1998 Rock Shox SID. I don't know if it hold air well and if the damping cartridge works properly becouse I can't test it. Is possible to service it? Is someone able to do it?

Thanks
Simone

Hi Simone

Yes it is possible to service Rock Shox. They are a basic fork, most forks are really.
There are downloadable manuals, and probably videos too for most forks.
And yes there are companies that can service and upgrade suspension too.

Hope this helps

Mark

Re:

Thank you Mark! Do you know the name of some of the companies that services that fork?
Thanks
Simone

watch out with the first SID's - they could be tricky - especially with the cartridge. When it leaks, you need a new one, as they are not serviceable. But new ones are hard to get hold of and when they tend to be expensive.

After i posted this i msg'd him about a couple items, he was supposed to get back to me later but now the post is marked sold so i figure another group member has bought all his stock. I would imagine that guy will also offer the same items for sale so keep an eye on that fb page for info i guess

***UPDATE*** looks like all the hippytech/sram/rockshox spare parts were sold to www.bikerecyclery.com , I am not involved, just bought some NOS lower 28mm legs for a SID from the guy, before he sold the lot off.

Back