Fake Chris King headsets....? How to tell??

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
There was an implication a while ago, I think I saw it on here, that there are some knock off Chris King copy headsets about. When I looked at the link to the one being shown on eBay, I honestly would have thought it was genuine.

What should I be looking for to tell if it's fake, is there something glaringly obvious I'm missing or is it a subtle difference?

Ta!

Re:

:LOL: :LOL:

No, the one highlighted was going for near CK kind of money, the implication being that the bidders probably hadn't realised it wasn't genuine. Wish I could find the thread now if it was on here! :facepalm:

The etched lettering on a real one is much deeper, more distinct. Almost embossed. The texture of the etching itself is much finer. The lettering is also slightly larger and spaced closer together.

ck1_zpsuwbx5ftw.jpg

ck2_zpsxkpwi6fq.jpg

Saw one variation with NOThreadset on it vs. the NoThreadset on a real one. I LOL'd.

Re:

That's brilliantly detailed info, thank you!

Looks like it would, as I thought, be quite tricky to tell from a slightly out of focus pic on eBay what you were in fact looking at. That's quite a subtle difference in reality between real and fake :shock:

And now I feel compelled to check the one on the Breezer in the morning....

The accent should be a good give away when you hear them discussing the days politics at night.

What, you dont hear them?

Re:

Thanks for all the replies chaps, really helpful. Still haven't had chance to check the Breezer one, but confident it's real now bearing in mind the.....bearings!

Back