Cook Bros e type cranks advice who gets the distance rings?

sandydoull

Dirt Disciple
Hi

Currently selling a set of cooks bros e typ cranks with a set of pace chainrings. I have received an offer for the chainrings on their own including the distance rings that sit under the granny ring. My question is what is the right thing to do are these rings specific to the pace chain rings or should they be sold together with the cranks? Here is a picture, thanks for any advice I just wanna do the right thing and dont want to render my cranks unsellable:)

Attachments

• IMG_7452.jpg
    IMG_7452.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_7453.jpg
    IMG_7453.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_7454.jpg
    IMG_7454.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 433
The spacers are an integral part of the chainset as it also holds/bolts the spider to the cranks. If you sell with the rings your chainset will be incomplete and not useable without them.

Confirm the same as Ishaw as well I bought a set of Cooks cranks and they came with same spacers shown above which you need to add Granny ring to crank

sell the cranks with the spacers and crankbolts, sell the rings separately, As long as the spacers are with the cranks your ok...... don't sell the spacers with the rings, the cranks will be forever useless without them

Back