Purple bike frame, what colour finishing kit?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Took a punt on a frame recently which is yet to arrive. If it fits me (no idea on the size), I'm wondering what colour finishing kit would work best and not get lost in the sea of purple anodised aluminium.

Back in the day I had a giant all kitted out (stock) with shiny silver dx running gear and if memory serves, black bars, stem, post and rims. I seem to recall this looked awesome, until it was stolen hours after my first ride on it (I'd spent hours cleaning the thing afterwards too, why couldn't they have stolen it before?).

I've got an unhealthy stock of purple bolts but thinking this may be overkill, I'm trying to avoid finding out after they are no longer nos that you can have too much purple.

Anyone got any opinions on this or can point me at some examples of nice looking purple framed builds?

I may even be tempted to keep this one retro and period and use canti brakes and quill stem.

Inspiration please, as it's a purchase I shouldn't have made and I'm feeling a bit guilty adding to the fleet instead of culling, but I did love the look of the giant, just wish I could remember what it was so I could find some images of it.

dyna-ti":14dgqusz said:
Was that the Rudy Project F&F's ?

Nice that was :cool:
That's the fella. Kept going back to it and despite some unanswered questions, got trigger happy.

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":b8ol9ilx said:
Personally I think gold always looks classy with purple, kind of regal ;)
Funny you should say that as I was thinking of breaking out some xc pro stuff I kept for a build long since gone. Not 100% sure it will work so hoping to see some examples of lovely purple builds I can learn from.

I did a rudy project a number of years ago. There will be a thread on it i think.
Was all original but wasnt as nice a frame as yours.

Re:

Go with green anodized components, purple and green are a good combo.... sometimes :eek:

dyna-ti":2c51r947 said:
Was that the Rudy Project F&F's ?

Nice that was :cool:

I kept looking at that too!

I think silver components, black stem and saddle, silver bars and rims. Or silver stem and purple ano bars
Don't overdo the purple ano though! :LOL: Didn't it have white decals? Maybe white saddle if so

Mike

Re:

Fuquay pics ;)

Attachments

• P1000536.JPG
    P1000536.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 494
  • P1000537.JPG
    P1000537.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 494
  • P1000539.JPG
    P1000539.JPG