Klein mantra pro

Shartop

Dirt Disciple
Dear all. I am trying to build a mantra pro which is proving very difficult. Can anyone advise on the headset I need or better still, sell me one! ?
All the best,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

If you have a 96/97 Mantra Pro then you'll have the MC2 headset combo.

What front fork do you have? This model came with RS Judy SL but later Kleins came with Manitou forks which can also be fitted.

You have the MC2 bar and all the bits required or do you literally only have the frame? Did you buy the NOS one from Italy by any chance?

If you need the bearings try kleinspainted dot com, Jon will be able to help you out. You can use various bits of tubing and a bit of brute force to remove and replace bearings but it's better if you can find someone with the correct tool kit to do the job properly/safely.

Post an image or two of what you have so we can help confirm what (if anything) you are missing.

Best of luck

Mark

Re:

Hi Mark, many thanks for your advice. I went into this naively I have to say. You're right, it is the frame from Italy. I bought some White Brothers forks but the steerer is too short due to the odd headstock. You live and learn!!

All the best,

Si.

Hi Simon,

Other consideration could be to fit headset reducers so you can run a conventional 1 1/8" fork and stem. These use the Klein bearings as the headset so as long as you have these it's an option.

A few companies make them and they can found on eBay usually.

Someone might also have a suitable MC2 fork for sale if you want to keep it original!

Mark

Thanks Mark, I did buy a reducer set from America but only the bottom fits! I shall pan it out and hang on for the MC2. Never again, too expensive by far!

Hi there, can you ping us some pics of what you have? So if I fix an MC2, I can't just got some rock Shox reba's for instance? Still a bit confused as to what I need? Thanks for your patience in advance!

Back