Kona question

Negawsklov

Retro Guru
Trying to find the original catalogue spec sheet for one of my Konas but the ones in the archive don't show it. I believe it is (maybe) a 1990.

Pic is one of the net not the actual bike but it's the same

Ta

orjgpv.jpg
P

Yes, that's a 90. I have an indentical one; it seems that they imported a batch without splatter paint. I've never bothered looking for the catalogue as I hot-rodded it. GilM has the decals.

It's dripping in original Suntour X-1 kit including the pedals I think. Wanted to know correct saddle and the stem isn't a roller like in wife's splatter Fire Mountain?

Re: Re:

al-onestare":3qlkt32k said:
Not so sure that's a 90. It could be, but the solid white was used in 89 too I think.

I thought the 89 ones had curved forks...or was that '88? :?

hamster":3p6pf6rj said:
al-onestare":3p6pf6rj said:
Not so sure that's a 90. It could be, but the solid white was used in 89 too I think.

Well this is my 89 Fire Mountain ,

028_zps9fps4rd4.jpg

7a13fdd0-05da-4cbd-a4eb-28168be420b8_zps7nb9ku3j.jpg

Which being a lower range model won't have had straight forks before the Cinder Cone and ignore those green bar ends as their not on any more ;) .

al-onestare":6w91hjbx said:

The catalogue shows splatter on the 89 model but their again the 1990 Cinder Cone is also splatter but the 1990 Lava Dome is none splatter so i wonder if Kona changed their specs mid season or their were special orders during 1990 for a solid finish Cinder Cone ..

hamster":4vwdyms4 said:
al-onestare":4vwdyms4 said:

I think it was 88 models that had curved forks but in 89 the Fire Mountain had straight and the rest also had straight plus in 88 the rear brakes were positioned on the chain stays ..

Back