Cannondale EST SE2000 owners

chicken

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking to get an SE 1000 frame resprayed and just wondering if anyone had found a suitable replacement for the Green/Cosmic Black DuPont paint codes in the RAL reference system? There is no conversion chart available so it really is a matter of judgement, hence looking for someone that has done similar, or has a SE 2000 and a RAL swatch book... unlikely I know but RB hasn't let me down yet. Failing that I might just choose a jet black and bright green!

Re:

I have resprayed my SE2000. I didn't love the original cosmic black, so I preferred to resprayed it in classic black. For the swing arm, a classic neon green is fine.
Ask to Gil_M for decals : I have drown them for him :D
And very important : a good clear coat on paint job and decals !

For the Cosmic effect : I didn't find someone for making it on an old trek 8700 and nobody knows exactly how it was done

Re: Re:

24pouces":12t28muk said:
I have resprayed my SE2000. I didn't love the original cosmic black, so I preferred to resprayed it in classic black. For the swing arm, a classic neon green is fine.
Ask to Gil_M for decals : I have drown them for him :D
And very important : a good clear coat on paint job and decals !

For the Cosmic effect : I didn't find someone for making it on an old trek 8700 and nobody knows exactly how it was done

Lovely thanks 24pouces. Did you convert from the DuPont codes or just find the closest RAL match? I'll have clear coat applied over the decals for sure!

Re:

No RAL conversion… Sorry
But there's no many neon green on the market. And those colors are quite expensive.

Jacopo.bonato":26pr188t said:
Hi! I'm looking for a se2000 pepperoni fork. Is it a mission impossible?
Thanks
Not easy :
1) you have to find an 1" steerer pepperoni forks
2) the steerer needs to be long enough (if your frame is a 21", it's quite impossible to find the forks !)
3) the forks needs the Force40 pulley hole

Good luck :D

The frame is a 19' (serial 51909900495), yes 1' fork, the steerer frame tube is 13cm long.... Is it so difficult to find also a different colour?

Re:

Think it is just the fork itself. The bikes aren't common and would imagine a separated fork would be hard to find. You might be able to find a donor bike. What forks do you have now?

Back