Bright Green Klein

Joelee73

Retro Newbie
Hello all

I've just found on eBay an almost exact copy of a bike I had stolen a decade ago...

This one needs tlc...
It has what I think are Pace RC35 forks (need new elastomers, please advise if you know a good place to purchase them) with regard to the elastomers what do you recommend soft med or hard??

Also the chain and chain set are pretty worn and was hoping to replace what I have with an XT or XTR crankset (again advise if you know a good seller)

Thanks for any and all advice
Joe

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 905
Re:

Very nice.
Others here know more about Klein than me! Drop some more pictures and they'll no doubt add any advice. Is it a Rascal?
For the RC35's, for a refurb try 'Justbackdated' on here.
As for chainset, you might also need a new cassette, xt will be cheaper than xtr (of course), you can pay £50 for a nice xt, maybe even double for xtr - as a guide. Any number pop up on here, and you can check a seller's feedback through their profile. I've been buying from here for a few years now and have never (touch wood) had a bad experience.
Cheers and welcome.

Re:

Thank you!
I think it's a Pinnacle but could be wrong, it's got the cables running thru the frame which I think is Pinnacle.
I will post more pics tomorrow, thanks again for the advice.

Excellent thank you!...I thought it was a Pinnacle. Going try and contact justbackdated with regard to the refurb in the forks.

Interesting find!

However, if you want a period-correct build, you might want to sell some stuff:
- XTR 952 mech (1999 or younger)
- XTR 95X V-Brakes (1996 or younger)
- XTR 950 V-Brake Levers (1996 or younger)

I presume/fear, the brake cable hole on the end of the top tube was drilled wider in order to fit the brake cable?

Re:

If you are referring to mine, I've had it from new, so not a find. The parts fitted are chosen because they suit my riding style & I like them, i'm not particularly interested in period builds.

OP, the cranks are Cook bros RSR, you may pick up a set for sale in the classifieds or on ebay, just keep looking.

I do like very much the groupset you have on yours, plus the headstock is a lovely thing.
I plan to go for xtr groupset I think and rear brake. Stick with the Magura on the front.
Still not sure which elastomer set to fit in the pace but will probably go for the firm rather than the soft.
Will check out Cook bros...

Back