Sticking grips.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm riding my bike this evening and need to stick the grips to the bar a bit better. I usually use hairspray but I don't think it will have time to dry.
Is there anything else I can use, but not something permanent like glue?!

Grips are Oakley 3 and bars are chrome plated bullmoose.

Thanks.

Re:

I use spit.

It has the added advantage of the grips being a lot easier to remove than with hairspray too.

Plus, I'm as bald as a coot, so there's no hairspray in my house.

Re:

That's a tough one, especially with chrome bars.

Be interested to see what folk suggest, especially at short notice.
Other than ride a different bike :LOL:

Well, someone had to say it :roll:

Enjoy your ride ;)

Mike

I used to use hairspray then I discovered Isopropyl alcohol does the same job faster. Nice and wet allows them to slide on and adjust position and once it evaporates they are stuck pretty good. You can also use it to clean the bar beforehand so it's a real easy all in one solution.

firedfromthecircus":omud7ar8 said:
I used to use hairspray then I discovered Isopropyl alcohol does the same job faster. Nice and wet allows them to slide on and adjust position and once it evaporates they are stuck pretty good. You can also use it to clean the bar beforehand so it's a real easy all in one solution.

Nice one mate, where can you get it?

Mike Muz 67":vreufeei said:
firedfromthecircus":vreufeei said:

Nice one mate, where can you get it?

Ebay. ;)
The higher the percentage alcohol the better as it makes it more useful for other things.

Re:

I guess surgical spirit will do the same. Not tried it though.

I usually warm them up to make them soft and then use the cable tie method

Re: Re:

SpaceFlightOrang said:
I usually warm them up to make them soft and then use the cable tie method

Ooooh im intrigued, what is this cable method ye speaketh of? :?: 2

Latest posts

Back