New British Mountain Biking Documentary

GrahamJohnWallace

Retrobike Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
Blue Hippo Media have produced a documentary film about the history of British mountain biking.
Called "Mountain Biking-The Untold British Story" it tells the story of mountain biking from a uniquely UK perspective.

‘Mountain Biking – The Untold British Story’ documents the evolution of off-road cycling in the UK from its beginnings in the likes of the Rough Stuff Fellowship, right through to current UK world champions in the sport, innovations in technology and contemporary trends such as the fat bike. It features MTB greats Steve Peat, Rachel Atherton, Tracy Moseley, Rob Warner, Martyn Ashton, Geoff Apps, Jason Miles and more.'

'The new feature film, co-produced by Singletrack Magazine, is brought to you by the makers of ‘Bicycle: A Great British Movement’, the film that told the story of cycling in the UK and played in over 100 cinemas following its launch at the Tour de France 2014'.

'Like Bicycle, Mountain Biking will feature a mix of previously unseen archive footage and fascinating interviews from both well-known and unsung heroes, combining human drama, key events and contemporary stories'.

The invitation only official premiere will be taking place tomorrow evening in Hebden Bridge Yorkshire on Saturday the 16th of July.

However there is also be a preview-screening event tonight in Dorking Surrey.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mountain ... 9887828029

Here are some pre-release teaser videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SonE1Qo1tw
https://vimeo.com/145270363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4414zQD_YVU

Re: New British Mountain Biking Documentory

firedfromthecircus":mfo4uyx9 said:
So how do us plebs get to see it? :LOL:

Well, the filmmakers have not yet said exactly what there plans are. Their last bicycle documentary was shown at 100 or so venues around Britain and then made available to buy and download from their website.

As part of the crowdfunding that funded the production the makers were offering public screening rights and I suspect that they will do so again. That would mean that, for a fee, anyone could organise a screening, and it could be shown at cycling events or by local cycling clubs etc.

As I learn of screenings I will post the information here.

Because I provided them with information I have been given complementary tickets for the Hebden Bridge premiere. I will post a short review once I get back after seeing the film.

Regards,
Graham

legrandefromage":7zmmiwao said:
I wonder if I made it into the final cut?
Let's hope so!
Maybe they will do a spin off documentary about cycling and gates? :D

740_espacebuzz54537f181f5b3.jpg

Re:

You made no mention of Ralieigh riders in your intro, I believe there were some Brits in that. Are they in at all, or too late an era for the subject?

Re:

:facepalm: Oh no, I hope this isn't going to go the same way as the now pulled (never to be seen again) thread about who made the decision to include what bikes in the book "The Ultimate book of Bikes" :LOL:

Play nicely Mike

Pulls up a ringside seat.

I like to feel the spatter of warm blood on my face.

Oh, and sort the spelling out. I'm coming out in hives.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":372mrlri said:
:facepalm: Oh no, I hope this isn't going to go the same way as the now pulled (never to be seen again) thread about who made the decision to include what bikes in the book "The Ultimate book of Bikes" :LOL:

GrahamJohnWallace":372mrlri said:
Blue Hippo Media have produced a documentary film about the history of British mountain biking.
Called "Mountain Biking-The Untold British Story" it tells the story of mountain biking from a uniquely UK perspective.

‘Mountain Biking – The Untold British Story’ documents the evolution of off-road cycling in the UK from its beginnings in the likes of the Rough Stuff Fellowship, right through to current UK world champions in the sport, innovations in technology and contemporary trends such as the fat bike. It features MTB greats Steve Peat, Rachel Atherton, Tracy Moseley, Rob Warner, Martyn Ashton, Geoff Apps, Jason Miles and more.'

It doesn't say it's definitive so I'm good with that! :LOL: :LOL:

Back