retrobike jumble anyone

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
dont know if its ever been done or thought of before,but wouldnt it be good to have a yearly or possibly more cycle jumble just for members if we could agree on a venue that suits everyone or do it seperately in regions. would be nice to put some faces to names aswell,

I'd be up for that...maybe we could sort something, being central in the country...I'm up the road in Leek.
All the best,

Well there is a yearly 'jumble' at the York Rally that many an old bike is at.
So any retrobiker can pull up a table and have a chat.

At least that's the Yorkshire area covered as it's pretty central and open to anyone.
Has a campsite and displays, races too if you want to stay around. Plenty of pubs and iirc they wouldn't mind the RetoBike display of bikes to.

Re:

that sounds great fluffy chicken, i used to go one in newark nottingham at the county show ground.
this is where i first heard of the forum by meeting two guys from yorkshire. chrisv40 and jameslee when they bought a merlin from me on the day.sadly this jumble fizzled out because of poor communication and management :facepalm: :facepalm:

Re:

Ah so I know (of) you then.
I know the bike too.
James is currently dying on Helvellyn, well soon about to.
Chris is going to join them tonight to drink to much and then ride HighStreet.
Unfortunately I couldn't go :-(

I've forgotten which of our area group now has the merlin.

The York Rally website is http://yorkrally.org

It's had a change over the years but is starting back at it roots, apparently this year's was pretty good but I couldn't get there.

There are/were two jumbles around here CogCycles ran one but had to cancel once due to lack of traders.
Most seem to have fizzled out, I did always get a few needed and unneeded parts :)

I think regional-ish ones would be the way to do it. Hardly worth traveling 100 miles to sell a few bits for a fiver.
Well unless a good weekend and events where put-on by the Retrobike.

Back