steel hardtail for trails....

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i'm in the mood to get myself a steel hardtail.
looking for something a little bit slack, so i can throw it down hill nicely, but not too slack as i do like a climb....so a trail bike that has some XC blood in it....

I've only ever done full sus trail riding, so i'm not really sure where to look to for steel hardtails.

I have a M2 Stumpy hardtail, but its been diagnosed with a twisted rear end, so need something that isn't tainted to get on the trails...

I'm just after a frame in 26" or 27.5 flavour if that pair of wheels in the 98---> section are still around by the time I've found a frame...

whats people saying?

i don't wanna go 29 yet.....unless a frame and wheelset come together at the right price (sub £200).

don't mind used - as long as its not abused.

Re:

I've had older kona's with 80-100mm forks retromoded and they've been great!!!!

These are nice with the sids. 1992 and 2004

4b9739c543d17339f20a82fe92d6a4be_zps9aes3cca.jpg

066f4c7df21d9d350b67e6de9ea3d070_zpsssc5qfx5.jpg

Re:

I have seen a few sunns over the years and always fancied one. I like Konas too!
Would prefer 26" just bcoz cheap :)

I wouldn't describe Sunn hardtail frames from that epoch as having anything approaching "slack" headstock angles. Fun as a fun thing, mind, but I have a hard time on the Sunn when things start getting gnarly downhill. My colleague's 2015 explosif, on the other hand - a whole different bag of fun.

Re:

point taken about the sunn but he did ask for something not to slack as he likes a climb,or maybe you need to push a bit harder. :)

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":f9bhs6y5 said:
point taken about the sunn but he did ask for something not to slack as he likes a climb,or maybe you need to push a bit harder. :)
No "maybe" about it. I'm a big girl's blouse when the front starts pointing downwards :)

Back