XT Rapidfire window

SavagePower

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
On my left XT rapid fire shifter I caught the plastic clear window and it's cracked with a tiny hole so I need to replace the plastic cover - can just this be changed over?

Thanks

Re: xt repidfire window

ishaw":3tz7e7oy said:
If you can find a donor then it can be swapped over.

Great thanks!! Now I need to find a busted lever with perfect window hmmm :roll: :|

Re:

Which model are you talking about?

I run my XT shifter without the indicator window, I'm not sure about all models, but mine, 9 speed M770, came with a blanking plate. I never look at the indicators on the levers anyway, even when there is one. If it's the same model, and I can find it, your more than welcome to the indicator part for the price of postage.

This is the M770:

shimano-xt-m770-shifters.jpg

Re:

i have a feeling i have a spare somewhere. but for the life of me i can't remember which side, or for what model. thinking it's for XT 8spd gen. will have a look when i get a chance. hit me with a PM if you don't hear back. ;)

Re: Re:

Ace thanks mate :)

RockiMtn":2qj8v0rw said:
i have a feeling i have a spare somewhere. but for the life of me i can't remember which side, or for what model. thinking it's for XT 8spd gen. will have a look when i get a chance. hit me with a PM if you don't hear back. ;)

Back