Trying to date a Muddy Fox Sorcerer Pro

Jah Loppy

Retro Newbie
Evening, all :)

I'm hoping I might be able to get some help from board members who are a lot more knowledgeable than me when it comes to MTBs, as I'm attempting to date a Sorcerer Pro I picked up recently here in London. After some input from a friend of mine (based on those of the components which look as if they might be vaguely original), I'm guessing it's mid-Nineties. Does that sound roughly right from the photos?

I had a look at some of the other Sorcerer-related posts on here (including the ones with the catalogue scans), but they seem to focus mainly on bikes from around 1989/90.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Jon.

sorcerer1.jpg

sorcerer2.jpg

sorcerer3.jpg

sorcerer4.jpg

sorcerer5.jpg

Always arrive with a gift. Flowers are good. And don't appear too needy.

Somebody help him out.

Late 90s? Early 2000s from the decal set?

Originally cantis.

The History Man":18hywmzn said:
Always arrive with a gift. Flowers are good. And don't appear too needy.

My first thought too :LOL:

Mid nineties seems spot on, '94/5 at a guess - there may well be a catalogue in the archive, pretty sure that's where I got info on mine. Nice bikes, bit 'solid' but likeable I thought :)

Re:

Lol. Not sure I'm quite that excited by these bikes (well, not yet...)

I'll work on the assumption that it's 94/5 then, and have a proper trawl through the archives for some more info.

I was wondering if that might be the case, elPedro666 - not bad, but a bit chunky :) Be nice to get it looking a bit more original though, and I'm a total newb when it comes to mountain biking anyway, so strictly on-road use at first.

Thanks again :)

Re:

Thanks for that, My_Teenage_Self. I'll work on the assumption that it was STX throughout, and try and get the relevant remaining bits and pieces :)

Re:

Can't for the life of me remember whether or not I gave away a bagful of STX RC at Mayhem - if not I'll dig it out for you...

Whereabouts are you?

Re:

I shall keep my fingers and any other spare appendages firmly crossed, elPedro666 :) That would be awesome if you still happen to have the spare STX parts.

I'm in Kingston, south-west London (KT2 post code area).

Here's hoping...

Cheers, Jon.

Back