June/July 2016 builds and faffing

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I quite liked seeing what people were up to in the April/May one. (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=347303)

The faffy bike stuff you wouldn't normally mention.
So what you been up to or plan to do ?

I rebuilt my Green Kona, ('97 Explosif)
I say rebuild, as in put it back together and started riding it. Road it found the bolt holding the cable guide was not there, forgot again for the next ride, added the bolt and to be honest the gears are not much better at the back.
Time for a cable cleanup and change the ageing STX/XT hybrid rear mech to something less wobbly. But I'll need to reclaim the Ti bolts and keep it for spares for future STX modding.
Also replaced the seized RaceFace Ti signature ISIS bottom bracket, due a bearing change, and fitted an FSA Platinum Quad Pro whatsits, which then needed a few front mech tweaks mid ride as it has a fixed chainline and the RaceFace didn't.
The weight increase is terrible though :facepalm:

I finished this
IMG_7231_edited_zps1vlw0vnq.jpg

and started and finished this. But I like that one way more than this one. Don't know why i don't like this one. Left me cold really. Views?

DSC00090_edited_zpsz2mxd0rr.jpg

Re:

I bought this 1992 Raleigh Peak for the single reason it was cheap. I don't even like it :facepalm: I had a couple of short rides but it is a bit, well, meh.

Attachments

• Peak_Rust.JPG
    Peak_Rust.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 667
  • Peak_Bars.JPG
    Peak_Bars.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 667
  • Peak_Bike.jpg
    Peak_Bike.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 667
Re:

Bought Haro Extreme frame for new project, but shelved it until I can do a proper job on it.

Looked at the Ferraroli frame set then put it back again, see above. Slowly collecting parts for the final build.

Still adding bits to the Rudge bi-plane Hot Rod, should get some pics up really!

Spending time sifting through ebay stuff to find something early full sus that floats my boat,for another build.

Rode my Sunn 200 yards, my back hurt, put back in the garage.

Sorting my final 4 bike line up for Icon-o-Classic, cleaning, greasing and polishing then bagging up.

Building a mint '91 Carrera, for the hell of it... looks good so far, changing my mind on the build as I go. the only bike I have in the house at the moment, although the missus is away for a few days, so playtime.

Attachments

• 13501996_903279156448906_8189498678292424003_n.jpg
    13501996_903279156448906_8189498678292424003_n.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 654
I have been faffing since about 1989, sometimes paid often not.

So far its a nasty mean looking Carrera with all the spares I could find plus some crap from the tip.

And I have the British Eagle with its Welsh built uber weird 531 Club Select tubing to clean and make into something vaguely MTB shaped

Re:

I have been sorting my sbike 503 from last months topic on faffing! It can be seen in mtb chat(sbike resurection)! Also a raleigh technium heat that is also in mtb chat(raleigh technium common place or now rare)! Next months build is a merlin malt2 frame from 2007!!

gt pantera, or not......too many bikes and change my mind with this every minute or so
faffed with the s&g, new 4 finger levers
fixed a slow puncture on the ogre
stripped some shark bite pedals for a paint, servicing and new bearings
bike filled box en-route from dawn saaath ;) thats gonna get some rebuild love
built up the xxxxxl dale with dx bits, forgot how nice this was to ride
i could add loads more as the month goes on but need to sell some stuff........which will probobly make room for more stuff i dont need :)

longun":2o3mmv11 said:
gt pantera, or not......too many bikes and change my mind with this every minute or so
faffed with the s&g, new 4 finger levers
fixed a slow puncture on the ogre
stripped some shark bite pedals for a paint, servicing and new bearings
bike filled box en-route from dawn saaath ;) thats gonna get some rebuild love
built up the xxxxxl dale with dx bits, forgot how nice this was to ride
i could add loads more as the month goes on but need to sell some stuff........which will probobly make room for more stuff i dont need :)

You have space for more stuff? We can help with that! :LOL:

Back