watch and learn

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This thread will show my attempts to make a rear disc mount for a klein frame.

Photos will be posted to show progress.

Either it will be very successful so you will be able to make one or it turns to shit in which case youll learn how not to do it.

Incidentally they can be purchased for £25 but wheres the fun in that?.

So we start of with a template for a post mount calliper.
Post was chosen as IS seems to be the Betamax of the brake world and it appears a single plane piece of metal will work for the post so no need for any fancy cutting.

Attachments

• DSC02125.JPG
    DSC02125.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,105
Re:

Interesting project.
I'm not sure about the cardboard though, could lead to spongey feeling brakes, especially when it gets wet .

;)

Re: Re:

jimo746":xexh3uqe said:
Interesting project.
I'm not sure about the cardboard though, could lead to spongey feeling brakes, especially when it gets wet .

;)

No fear of it getting wet......it's on a Klein ;)

Good adventurous project - awaiting further developments.

Re: Re:

michael franks":ulcyou8v said:
jimo746":ulcyou8v said:
Interesting project.

;)

No fear of it getting wet......it's on a Klein ;)

Ouch! :LOL:

IMHO the front bolt should be closer to the axle to direct the force into it instead of the chain stay.

The lesson learnt that unless an adapter is not available, do not bother. I had forgotten how long it takes to saw, file and drill 10 mm alloy plate. :facepalm:
Most of saturday went on this although a fair amount of time went on to fitting, marking and tweaking.

Cardboard template was not rigid enough so one was made from a thin sheet of aluminium.

Notice the two small spacers in the lower left corner - their purpose will be revealed if you continue to the next page.

Attachments

• 1785-1.jpg
    1785-1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 814
Back