Suggestions on a LTS fix at all please?

I picked up an LTS this morning and had a steady 14 mile ride back home... throughout the ride I could feel some play when pressure was applied to the peddles. I was on main roads at the time so I've only just been able to get the chance to have a closer look.

There seems to be some left and right movement just on the drive chain side coming from pictures join/pivot in the frame.

I taken the bolt out however nothing seems to be a miss.... unless thats the problem?... a few washers are at a miss? Anyone come across this before at all?

Cheers

img_2465.jpg

Are you sure it's there that there was some play?

It could be a pedal, a loose crank, the bottom bracket axle, one of the other suspension pivots...

If you're sure that's the problem then perhaps another forum member can help, does that pivot point use a bush or shims ? either of those could be worn.

jimo746":tiic9i58 said:
Are you sure it's there that there was some play?

It could be a pedal, a loose crank, the bottom bracket axle, one of the other suspension pivots...

If you're sure that's the problem then perhaps another forum member can help, does that pivot point use a bush or shims ? either of those could be worn.

yeah definitely Jimo - its the only part that seems to be moving in directions which it shouldn't be... I have a video clip of it but not quite shire how to upload it on here as yet....

There should be a top hat style bushing on each side of the stay. It looks to me like they are missing and you now have metal against metal. Hopefully not too much damage done but I'd avoid riding it until you find some. You can also get a bearing replacement from betd if you can't find any bushings which will do both sides.

Pop a picture up without the bolts in so we can see what's there, or not. What does the other side look like?

I might have a bushing or two as I did went down the betd upgrade route on an sts I have.

Back