Manchester Newb ( 98 LTS 3000DC IMAGES ADDED OF NEW RIDE)

Afternoon all...

Looking forward to picking up my new ride tomorrow...

Was just wondering if there are any people/groups in this forum that are Manchester based...

Looking to get out a little bit more...

Cheers

Re:

Welcome to the old place... I'm from Northenden, but It'll be a long trip for a ride as I now live in Penzance.

Post your retro bike up for us all and I hope you find some old boys and girls to pedal around South Manchester with you.

ps a Mod may move this up to the top of the page!! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=184850

al. :D

Re:

Hi Buddy

Al's harmless these days, he was a career Criminal and transported to Australia but being a well hard Manc
he swam back but ran out of steam when he got to Cornwall, and was subdued by Pasties :shock:

on a serious note, you could also try the local forum for the North West viewforum.php?f=30

Spud

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":277iptzb said:
Hi Buddy

Al's harmless these days, he was a career Criminal and transported to Australia but being a well hard Manc
he swam back but ran out of steam when he got to Cornwall, and was subdued by Pasties :shock:

on a serious note, you could also try the local forum for the North West viewforum.php?f=30

Spud

All of this is true.

al.

al":38jvkwpb said:
Welcome to the old place... I'm from Northenden, but It'll be a long trip for a ride as I now live in Penzance.

Post your retro bike up for us all and I hope you find some old boys and girls to pedal around South Manchester with you.

HA, Cheers fella, Im in didsbury so not far at all... however your chosen location is a very nice choice indeed ;) better weather at least

Re:

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Took a trip to get my new ride this morning. Slightly higher priced than what was first agreed but still worth it i think. It is however a little tired and needs some tlc in places but over all not a bad buy.

Areas which need looking at from the 15 mile ride back home (ouch... first ride in 18 years)

Front sus needs a service or maybe just replacing with something a little more responsive... very soft
rear derailleur just looks odd... maybe needs a couple of links taking out of the chain - The chain is very lose an just rattles about all over the place
new raiser bars (feel like I'm leaning way too far forward and a new stem with a higher raise... The Stem and bars are new and recently fitted if anyone fancies a swap...

other than that... it looks quite cool.

20160606-dsc_0720.jpg

20160606-dsc_0722.jpg

20160606-dsc_0723.jpg

20160606-dsc_0727.jpg

20160606-dsc_0728.jpg

20160606-dsc_0732.jpg

Ken_of_Streetfighter":3n7iggd7 said:
al":3n7iggd7 said:

HA, Cheers fella, Im in didsbury so not far at all... however your chosen location is a very nice choice indeed ;) better weather at least

We lived in Didsbury on Lancaster Road before selling up and moving down here... your bike looks good mate, although the best thing to do is find the section that best suites your posts, otherwise people will just Ignore it... not because they're rude, but they're just not looking for it in here.

Enjoy your stay.

al.

al":29fxpg1w said:
Ken_of_Streetfighter":29fxpg1w said:
al":29fxpg1w said:

We lived in Didsbury on Lancaster Road before selling up and moving down here... your bike looks good mate, although the best thing to do is find the section that best suites your posts, otherwise people will just Ignore it... not because they're rude, but they're just not looking for it in here.

Enjoy your stay.

al.

Cheers fella... noted.

A very nice road indeed mate! not many in Didsbury which are as nice.... Well done you! ;) we are about 2 minutes away in the high street

Re:

Keep it under your hat about me and Didsbury, It'll ruin my reputation as a complete bum... one which I have cultivated for a number of years on here.

al.

Back