Kubra vintage MTB?

estebe

Dirt Disciple
I found this locally for sale exactly when I started thinking about a vintage MTBs. I know relatively nothing about MTBs (new or vintage) so would like some input from the more knowledgeable folks around here...to me it looks like a quality frame with a very nice color and it is priced at 50 euros...
Would you buy this?

3.jpg
[/url]l[/img]

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/esteb ... 1.jpg.html

So 50 euros , about 32 quid ? , knock him down to 30 €
Take the tyres and tubes off it , the forks look okay too and the thumbies look interesting , stick the rest in the shed for a bored weekend when you rebuild it with all that xt/ xtr stuff that you have left over
Tyres and tubes on the work hack , forks and thumbies fot that clunkerish build you've been planning

HTH

Mike

It's just an Asian cheapo frame , there were some puch frames a bit like this in the early 90's , they may or may not have been the same

Hey it's a functioning , cheap bike in what looks like good condition , buy it , ride it , love it

Mike

Re:

I'm not familiar with Kubra, but it looks like a low-end bike to me.
- basic steel frame (looks nice though)
- Altus rear mech
- rear wheel that's fastened with bolts, front with quick release -> unusual combination, perhaps it had an axle or wheel replaced?
- cheap plastic thumb shifters
- plastic pedals
- no info about it on the web

That being said, those cheap bikes can be fun too. Or they can ride badly, break down all the time and cost hundreds to fix.
There's no way of saying what this one will be unless you ride it for a while.

I'd have a look at it. If you buy it an it's no good, you can probably still sell it and recover most of your money.
You certainly won't lose more than 50€ on it. :LOL:

damm ,your right doctor , tho they were alloy weren't they
puch anteas iirc

tho hayter had something similar as well

Back