BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
This was outed about a year ago by kingoffootball (who seems to have a knack for finding the odd an obscure) and I bought it, out of curiosity more than anything else.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alkon-mountai ... 7675.l2557

I exchanged a couple of PM's with maxhc on the forum who has an aluminium Alkon himself and had posted up some catalogue scans in his build thread. He didn't think it was an Alkon.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204454&hilit=alkon

They made mostly aluminium frames but did produce a steel one - the Team Atlas (which this one ain't)

I contacted Alkon via Facebook and had a few problems with the language barrier :LOL: but after giving them the frame number (there are two numbers which appear to be 5H041 and A0170197). I was told that it wasn't one of theirs, although they were unsure about the stem. I wasn't too surprised by this point. They confirmed that they have painted many frames for people and may well have added Alkon decals if requested.

So what do we think? Ritchey dropouts (that'll narrow it down right :roll: ), bi-ovalised top and down tube, distinctive rear brake noodle, several dents!

Attachments

• Alkon.jpg
    Alkon.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 704
  • Alkon Team Atlas.jpg
    Alkon Team Atlas.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 705
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seems like a good shout :)

Re:

I don't know, but that seat tube decal script running upwards instead of down is making me itch!!

al.

raidan73":26vs5ema said:
This was outed about a year ago by kingoffootball (who seems to have a knack for finding the odd an obscure) and I bought it, out of curiosity more than anything else.

Always good to see a bike going to a good home instead of being added to my many unfinished projects :D

Looks like a good ID from troje.

Back