Rim decals

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
As I've struggled to get a mavic x517 rim I've plumped for a modernish xc717 which looks to be all but the same aside from decals.

I'm hoping it's possible to source a rim decal to match the front, anyone had any success finding original or reproduction foil decals?

I could just de-decal both of course but I'm hoping I can get some.

All I've found are the yellow/Black simple Mavic decals, so I'd be interested to know this too!

I think I've a sheet of these that came with some wheels, forgot about those so could go down that route of at least identifying the make not model.

I'm sure someone will post email mavic, but I'm fairly certain I read a thread somewhere to that effect and they don't have any of the older decals anymore.

I think I'd rather have no decals than the modern ones, or at least the modern decal removed and leave the front as-is.

Re: Re:

I'd really like a re-pro set of decals for my Mavic 117 Ceramic rims! (or more precisely to stick on a 217 to make it look like a 117!)

Can this sort of thing be done? What's needed - an original to copy?

Re:

I've been asked may times about rim decals from various periods and this is the standard answer...

If you are looking for the slightly later "foil" decals found on the X517 rims and a couple of others the basic answer is no...These were mass produced as a screen print onto a foil base, they never stuck very well and would be impossible to produce in small numbers

The good news...if they are the non foil ones I can reproduce them, I already have several on file and more will come with time

Drop me a PM or direct email after 6th June with a photo or link to the designs you're trying to match and I'll let you know what's possible :)

Gil did me some non foil ones for my 517 Ceramics, look great. Only minor hickup was removing a spoke to fit them, but if youre handy isnt a big deal.

Hmmm... I could live with a slightly modified decal ie lose the shiny silver foil bit and replace with a different, but suitably fitting, colour.
I've some Mavic 317 disc rims that could use a decal refresh.

Thinking the same. Black background rather than foil would be fine. Match the text colour to the frame decals too? The lengths we go to????

Back