rocky mountain cardiac

vincenth

Retro Guru
Today I got hold off my first sony, uhhm rocky mountain.
first question: I bought as an 1994 blizzard, can anyone of you identify it by the picture or frame number (P9603133)? If it's indeed a blizzard it will turn white again
second question: the cranks look pretty sweet, what brand/model are they?
There's lots of work to be done as most parts will be replaced and need replacing.

I think I'll equip it with xt m732 thumbies and rear mech, dx m650 front mech as all my xt's are downpull.
Dia compe ss-5 brake levers, don't know about the canti's yet (please inspire me)
syncros stem, seatpost, bars. Flite saddle
I have a front wheel with DT Hugi hub and mavic 517 rim, hopefully I'll come across a matching rearwheel.

I have most parts I want for the build and will make it technically sound as soon as I can.

when the rm starts taking form I will update this post

Attachments

• IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 748
Re: rocky mountain project questions

The cranks look like Cyclone cranks to me.

It's always good to get a bike built up and ridden before spending more time and money refinishing it. Does the blue shade vary, or is that just the light? I kinda like it in that picture.

that doesn't look like a blizzard to me. granted it has the long tube extension above the seat cluster, but that head tube is much taller than what i think it should for that frame size. they were fairly short in height from small frames. also the serial number don't correlate to any Blizzards either. and it would have had an angled seat collar for the seat tube if 94.

Re:

the shades are done with a black spraycan.
If the quality was any good I would have considered to keep it like that, but it isn't.

Serial is looking at a 96 possibly 97 model. Probably lower down the range if rocky used a P at the start by then?

I would almost be inclined to say it's a Cardiac as the front headtube is long compared to what looks to be a not so large size. (what is the centre bb to top of seattube length?)

It had that same shape, as did Equipe and Blizzard in '96

But if it did get into the 1997 era, the a Fusion or Cardiac. I think one of them had that q/r band colouring...

Just been niggling me that P..
Now CFSxxxx or some iteration of that it what it would normally start with for that era Cardiac/Fusion/Soul frame

Could the 'P' actually be a 'B' ?
If so then Blizzard probably.

What's stamped on the rear dropouts ? Ritchey or Rocky Mountain ?
Does it have a black block where a chainsuck device would be on the chainstay?

given the head tube height, there's no way that's a Blizzard, and i'm thinking maybe unlikely to be a RM even.

Back