Hardisty Columbus frame

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Had this for a while now, a stubbornly stuck seatpost has just been removed (thanks, plus-gas), which kind of spoiled the ownership experience. Just need to get the Mavic bb out (ie take it somewhere which has the correct tools).
A bit of a mystery, so any advice gratefully received.
Columbus sticker, short 1" head tube, cool internal seatclamp, hooded rear-facing dropouts. Pencil-thin seat stays and chunky (Max?) chainstays.
30.4 seatpost.
I know Hardisty has a connection to some of the NorthEast builders (and of course JMC).
Paint has seen better days, perhaps a candidate for a respray (and if so probably not the project for me), heel rub has been touched in and there are some bar swing debts to the top tube. Most worryingly, close examination of the frame shows some marks which could be cracks... Have shown some on the photos.
Is this beyond saving!?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,469
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,468
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,467
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,467
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 1,468
That BB is a C or a hook spanner, very cheap to buy.

Frame is savable depending on how deep ones pockets are

Beaver%20Adjustable%20C%20Spanner.jpg

Re:

That looks like a good quality frame, personally I'd get it repainted and the dings on the top tube filled in at the same time. All depends how much love you have for the frame, renovate, or move it on.

Re:

If the paints shot get it stripped and inspected and if it has some damage get it repaired, steels a wonderful thing :) lools ace and i love the drop outs

legrandefromage":17yzmirf said:
That BB is a C or a hook spanner, very cheap to buy.
Beaver%20Adjustable%20C%20Spanner.jpg

That will only get the lock-rings off, the Mavic BB threads against itself as a unit (but not into the frame which is chamfered especially to fit it) so you need the 6 pin tool (and often two of them!) to get them out if they've been in a while.

The frame is cool, looks well made and is rare, it's worth the effort imho.

Certainly agree with the sentiment above, some very cool detail, and well worth saving.

Is it Columbus Cromor for the main triangle, im only going by the decal colours as cant see any detail.?

Back