Klein ADROIT size advice.

Tomahawk kid

BoTM Winner
I go to pick up my first ever Klein this Saturday & was just wondering how they work out their frame sizes ? I'm 5" 11' with a 34 regular inside leg what size would be best for me ? Hope ve not bought something too small or large !!

i'm 5 feet 9'' and rode a 19'' Klein Attude 93 So id say you need a 20'' frame. Have you looked at the Klein section in the archive?

Re:

I'd say 20" Medium too, I'm 5'10 and prefer a smaller frame and ride 19' small.

I am your size (1,81m=5"11) and my 20" Pulse fits me quite good. Its a bit streched out for my age, but the height is perfect.

Hey thanks for all the replies, well I picked it up yesterday, top tube length measures 57.9 cm which makes it a 19" ? It came with MC2 uncut, poor conditon 97 Judy SL's the legs are chipped with flakng paint, it looks like one of the stantions coating has started to go, haven't looked at the internals yet though it came with a mixture of mainly worn odd parts making it a bit of a Frankenbike. The Frame is in generally good condition the only issue is the chain suck ! 'll post some pics up later on today .

Re:

That looks more like a 21" (Klein size) to me... In principle that would be a little large for you, but in the end the only thing that matters is how you feel on the bike.

Re:

Using traditional measuring from centre of the BB to the centre of the top tube/seat tube is 17" & from the BB to the top of the seat tube is 19". I take it that Klein measure to the top of the seat tube for some reason ?

Thats a 20" in Klein-terms, I would say. Or 21, may be. If you would take a straight picture from the side, it would be easier to judge.

Klein measures the size of a frame not - as you would think - from centre-BB to some other point of the frame. Instead, they drew a "virtual" horizonal line from where the top tube meets the steerer, to the seatpost (!). The measure from that point (where that (virtual) line meets the seatpost) down to the bb centre gives you the frame size.
Problem is: The forks length plays into that...

Here is a link to a German site, that has a very nice picture:
http://www.wundel.com/technik.html
This is the picture:
attitude_technik_1c.jpg

"C" would be the frame size that Klein uses. The text states, that the bike pictured is a 20" frame.

Re:

the head tube is too tall for a 20", see this example of a 20":

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/381568731640

You can see down tube and top tube almost touching, which is not the case for the OPs bike.

Hence my guess of a 21".

Edit: Thias' picture also shows the shorter head tube of a 20" model.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back